Friday, October 14, 2011

“How would I use blogs, wikis and delicious with my EFL students?”



I think using technology of websites ‘’Social Network’’ such as Blogs, Wikis and Delicious in teaching ESL students will be very effective and useful as technological device in teaching. First of all, the teacher should explain to the students what are blogs, wikis and delicious and what are the correct way to use it in the field of education or in learning process.




Blogger, I can use blogger post to test students skills in writing, grammar, dictation and their comprehension by posting a reading paragraph (weekly) and ask them to write their opinion and discuss it with their classmates. Also, I can upload homework and assignments. Also, I can ask the students to correct for each other and write some comments. Using blogger through the learning process is helping to make it more interesting and more useful.



Wiki, I can use this Social Network in posting different types of questions and ideas that the students can have the chance to respond it and sharing their thoughts. Also, I can upload videos and links that related to different skills and make sure that all students can apply it in correct way. Also, I think this tool is very beneficial for group work. I would ask the students to divided themselves into groups and ask them to work in different task that related to the skill that we are working on. In this way I will be sure that I give the students chances to add, edit, delete, or save their changes as a group work. Also, I can give them some exercise and they can use their wiki account to write their answer.



Delicious, I can use this Social Network to bookmarking articles, image, websites and video that are related to the topic that we covered during the class hours and ask the students to write their opinion and their comments about it .Also; I can add links for useful educational websites to develop learners abilities in reading, writing, speaking and listening.







No comments:

Post a Comment